CarShopper Assurance For Your Vehicle
Coverages and Exclusions
Vehicles over 100k on the odometer are not covered
Any car that a dealer sells that says "AS IS" is not eligible.
COVERAGE plan includes: Axle assembly components (front, rear, four-wheel, and all-wheel drive): All internally lubricated components within the drive axle housing including: bearings, carrier assembly, gears, thrust washers, shafts, and spacers. Drive axle housing, but only if damaged as a direct result of a Breakdown of a Covered drive axle assembly component. In addition, the following external drive axle parts: axle shafts, center support bearing and mount, constant velocity joints and boots, drive shaft, locking hubs, universal joints and flex discs, viscous coupling. Engine components: All internally lubricated components including: camshaft, camshaft bearings, connecting rods, connecting rod bearings, crankshaft, crankshaft bearings, freeze plugs, lifters, mechanical fuel pump, oil pump, oil pump gears, oil pump shaft, pistons, piston rings, push rods, rocker arms, rocker arm shafts, rocker arm pivots, timing chain, timing gears, timing chain guides, valves, valve lash adjusters, valve seats, valve springs, valve guides, variable valve timing parts, and wrist pins. Rotary engine components including apex seal, bearings, eccentric shaft, and rotor, Cylinder head, engine block, or rotor housing, but only if damaged as a direct result of a Breakdown of a Covered engine component. In addition, the following external engine parts; cam/valve covers, crankshaft pulley, engine oil reservoir, engine oil reservoir pump, equipment drive shaft, exhaust manifolds, flex plate, flywheel, harmonic balancer, intake manifold, intercooler, oil pan, pulleys, ring gear, supercharger, timing cover, timing belt, timing belt tensioner, timing gears, thermostat, turbocharger, turbo flex plate, turbo waste gate, vacuum pump, water pump. Transmission (automatic) components: All internally lubricated components including: bands, bearings, carrier, drums, gears, governor, hubs, pump, pump housing, servos, shafts, valve body. Transmission case, only if damaged as a direct result of a Breakdown of a Covered transmission component. In addition, the following external transmission parts: torque converter, vacuum modulator. Transmission (manual) and transfer case components: All internally lubricated components including: bearings, gears, hubs, shafts, shift rails, shift forks, synchronizers. Transmission and transfer case, but only if damaged as a direct result of a Breakdown of a Covered transmission or transfer case component. In addition, the following external transmission and transfer case parts: Seals and gaskets are only covered when required for a covered repair. (Minor loss of fluid and seepage is considered normal and is not a covered repair).
Contracts will not pay for a Breakdown:
- due to or contributed to by rust, corrosion, foreign objects and/or contamination of fuels, fluids, refrigerants, or lubricants;
- due to freezing or overheating, due to any cause, including as a result of overheating due to water pump failure;
- due to misuse, abuse, or negligence including but not limited to Breakdowns that occur when not driving on legally marked roadways;
- due to the lack of normal maintenance required by the manufacturerâ€™s maintenance schedule;
- due to or caused by improper servicing or repairs;
- due to the failure to maintain proper levels of oil, coolant, lubricants, or fluids due to any cause;
- due to cracked cylinder heads and/or cracked engine blocks unless caused by the failure of an internal lubricated part;
- due to alterations, installations, or modifications that have been made to Your Vehicle that do not meet the manufacturerâ€™s original specifications; or the use of Your Vehicle in a manner not recommended by the manufacturer; this includes but is not limited to, any custom or add-on part, all frame or suspension modifications, lift kits, oversized/undersized tires, emissions and/or exhaust systems modifications, or engine modifications;
- caused by collision, fire, theft, freezing, vandalism, riot, explosion, lightning, earthquake, windstorm, hail, water, flood, falling objects, acts of God, or environmental damage;
- covered by any other manufacturerâ€™s or repairerâ€™s guarantee;
- due to pulling a trailer or another vehicle unless Your Vehicle is equipped as recommended by the vehicleâ€™s manufacturer and the towed trailer or vehicle meets the manufacturerâ€™s limitations and specifications;
- if Your Vehicle is used for a taxi, limousine, or shuttle; used for livery, hire, rental, delivery service, postal service, police, fire, ambulance, security, or emergency service; snow removal, commercial towing, hauling, racing or other competition, principally for off- road use;
- if Your Vehicle is used for commercial or business use by more than one driver on a regular basis;
- caused by a non-Covered part;
- if the odometer of Your Vehicle has ceased to operate, been altered, disconnected, or replaced, and the Odometer Mileage in any way does not accurately reflect the actual mileage of Your Vehicle;
- that has been determined to have existed prior to the purchase date of the Contract; or if the Breakdown does not occur during or is not reported t within the term of the Contract;
- any emission control devices solely to meet emissions standards required by State and/or Federal law;
Contracts will not pay for repairs to or replacement of:
- any Covered part if a Breakdown has not occurred or if the wear on that part has not exceeded the tolerances allowed by the manufacturer but which a repair facility recommends or requires be repaired in connection with a Covered Breakdown; this includes any expense due to engineering upgrades;
- piston rings and intake or exhaust valves which have not sustained a Breakdown but requiring removal of carbon deposits or other material by grinding and/or refacing of the valves or seats and cleaning and/or replacement of the pistons and piston rings to restore engine compression or reduce oil consumption;
- additional damage to Covered parts as a result of the failure to protect Your Vehicle from further damage when a Breakdown has occurred;
- incidental or consequential loss or damage that is the result of a Covered Breakdown; this includes but is not limited to any liability whatsoever for economic loss, damage or injury to persons or property resulting from a Breakdown; further, Coverage is similarly limited for the loss of use, time, profit, inconvenience, lodging, food, or any other incidental or consequential loss, except as specifically provided for by Travel and Lodging Coverage; This exclusion may not apply in some states which disallow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages.
- breakdowns that occur and/or repairs made outside of the United States of America and Canada;
- storage charges, freight or delivery charges for parts, shop supplies, or hazardous waste disposal;
- repair of water and air leaks, squeaks and rattles, wind noise, or alignment of body parts, bumpers, and glass.
EXCLUDED VEHICLES Acura NSX, Alfa Romeo, AMC, Aston Martin, Bentley, BMW, Cadillac 4.1L, Corvette, Daewoo, Delorean, Dodge Viper, Eagle, Ferrari, Fiat, Ford GT, Hummer, Lamborghini, Lancia, Land Rover, Lotus, Maserati, Mercedes, Merkur, Peugeot, Plymouth Prowler, Porsche, Range Rover, Renault, Rolls Royce, Sterling, Yugo Vehicle equipped with: flat beds, dump beds, towing equipment, snow plows, cherry pickers, lifting or hoisting equipment, step van, high-cube van or box bodies are not eligible. All V12 engine equipped vehicles, gray market vehicles, modified vehicles, vehicles with inoperative odometers, hybrid vehicles, electric vehicles, vehicles over 1 ton chassis, or vehicles with mechanical failures at the time of sale, or having over 100,000 miles.
EXCLUDED VEHICLE USAGE Commercial vehicles, vehicles used for ANY type of competition, rental cars, police vehicles, ambulances, tow vehicles, vehicles used for snow plowing.